Thursday, April 28, 2011

2nd 100 Days of Scouting: Day 80

Oceanography Merit Badge

Wow, huge storms last night!

After I posted my 100 Days of Scouting yesterday, we shifted into a tornado watch and flash flood warning.  So, I made the call to cancel our meetings at the last minute.

I really hate doing that, but it would feel even worse for the unthinkable to happen just to catch a Scout meeting.

So, my basement flooded--not bad, just enough to soak all of the rugs.  Every piece of furniture had to be moved to roll them all up and get them out into the abundant sunshine to dry.

Definitely had to look hard for some signs of Scouting today.

Today I:
  • Put together a plan for how I think our council's virtual roundtable project should go.  I've been dreaming about this for a couple of years now, so it wasn't hard to get the details down.
  • Passed along our council's newsletter via email to our pack and troop email lists.  More information is a good thing.
  • Had dinner at a local restaurant that is having a "Support Scouting" night.  10% goes to the council from every  purchase from 5-7PM tonight.  Thank you McAlister's!

Even severe weather can't stop Scouting!  What did you do today to move Scouting along?

No comments: