Monday, April 25, 2011

2nd 100 Days of Scouting: Day 77

Music Merit Badge

Sometimes opportunity knocks and goes away.

That's what I had thought happened recently to a position someone asked me about: District Commissioner.

Well, today it showed signs of life again...we'll see.  I tweeted my fellow Scouters for their advice or opinions about what a DC should do, what makes a good one, what makes a bad one, and for their experiences.

Today I:
  • Spend most of the day reading the materials on Scouting.org about being a District Commissioner.  Wow.
  • Followed up with our SPL about the camporee fees due this Wednesday.
  • Fixed the throttle on the lawn mower.  How is that related to Scouting?  It's how my Life earns his money to fund Scouting all year!
  • Took our Committee Chair to lunch.

Do you have a district or council job in Scouting in addition to the work you do in your unit?  How does it work for you?

No comments: