Sunday, April 3, 2011

2nd 100 Days of Scouting: Day 55

Gardening Merit Badge

It's been a crazy week for Scouting, and another one is coming up ending with three days of Wood Badge.

Today is my day to get caught up with my wife...and yes, some of that will be about Scoutng.

Will Spring ever get here for real?

Today I:
  • Discussed my Wood Badge ticket with my wife.  
  • Planned to create an "alumni association" for our pack and troop for Scouts and families who move on from the unit.  No reason to lose that goodwill, and we might need their support later on.  Three Scouts have aged out of the troop and are off at college and it would be good to keep them closer.  No, this isn't a Wood Badge ticket item either...but it could have been.  Feel free to borrow the idea!
That merit badge reminds me that I have a lot of work to do this month, getting ready for the final threat of frost to pass.  I'm thinking of a Cub Scout garden at the end of the lot for my den to manage...

No comments: