Tuesday, April 5, 2011

2nd 100 Days of Scouting: Day 57

Geocaching Merit Badge

I'm still under the weather, and that is really dragging me down.

Wood Badge is coming up this weekend, and I have work to do to prepare for it.  The weather will be flaky, so lots to "be prepared" for.

Now that we have passed the half-century mark for the 100 Days of Scouting, I need to make some effort to encourage the participants--I don't want anyone to feel bad for missing days or dropping out.  It is a surprisingly difficult task to keep on top of...and all I can promise is that it will be easier (but still difficult) next year.

Today I:
  • Followed up on plans to have our parish priest come into the den meetings this month and make a personal appeal for altar boys.  "Faith" is the Cub Scout theme this month.
  • Reminded Scouts to get signed up for the backpacking trip next weekend.
  • Sorted out some items for Wood Badge.
  • Contacted a Family Life merit badge counselor.

I hate having a cold.  Really takes the fire out of me.  Hoping for more tomorrow.




No comments: