Monday, April 18, 2011

2nd 100 Days of Scouting: Day 70

Leatherwork Merit Badge

Man, am I sore.

My leg muscles are rebelling every time I to up and down the stairs.  The joys of backpacking!

This is Holy Week, so a number of my usual things have fallen off of the schedule.  Which will leave time for...more Scouting!

Today I:
  • Forwarded the information regarding the council camporee to the PLC as promised.  They have decided to take on announcing the event and working out the logistics this time.  Should mean less work for me, but I have a feeling that this first effort may make a little extra work...;-)
  • Passed out a youth application form to a mom whose son has waited a long time to get to be a Tiger.  01 JUN is right around the corner!
  • Got to share a number of humorous incidents with a group of Scout moms about this weekend's backpacking trip.  Who knew that drinking dry instant oatmeal right out of the package while standing in the rain was hysterical?

Late night tonight, and I have some more Scouting paperwork to get squared away.  Sometimes I know this is the most important thing outside of my family that I'll ever do.   100 Days of Scouting shows me that others are in the same boat.

No comments: