Monday, April 11, 2011

2nd 100 Days of Scouting: Day 63

Horsemanship Merit Badge

Wood Badge is finally over.

After all these years, waiting for the calendar to sync up with an available slot in the class, yesterday we left Gilwell.  I have to admit, it was nice to make new Scouting friends, and get to know more people that have our kids best interest, and the interests of Scouting, at heart.

Still digesting...and catching up on my rest.

Today I:
  • Invite you to check into the Wood Badge course in your council!
  • Got the ball rolling on a grant application for our local BSA camp.  ClassB.com is looking to give $500 to a camp for a conservation project.
  • Worked on getting my gear unpacked from Wood Badge, and repacked for our Scout pack inspection Wednesday night...and backpacking trip this Friday.
  • Passed along an idea for a goofy Cub Scout night this summer: Vesta Fiesta!

OK, I'm digging out from Wood Badge, and thinking about how to apply it to my life...and to my Scouting.  How did Wood Badge change your Scouting?

No comments: