Wednesday, March 30, 2011

2nd 100 Days of Scouting: Day 51

Fishing Merit Badge

Typical crazy Wednesday!

Almost everyone in the house has a bad cold, which is just adding to the fun and excitement!  My Wolf is down for the count and will miss the pack meeting tonight.

Latest weather forecast shows sleet and then snow headed our way during the pack meeting.  I can just feel the folks staying home now.

Today I:
  • Reviewed some material for the Bear Patrol meeting on Thursday.  Wood Badge!
  • Stopped by the Scout office to pick up the awards for the pack meeting tonight.
  • Bought the new Robotics merit badge book!
  • Turned in my Friends of Scouting registration for the troop.  I split my contributions between the pack and the troop.
  • Signed off almost everything a Scout needs for Tenderfoot (should finish next week).
  • Signed off a lot of items for a Scout who just figured out that I'm not going to ask him about his requirements...;-)
  • Reminded folks endlessly about the Bird Study and Scouting Heritage opportunities the council has coming up.  (Outside the council?  You can participate, too, if the driving isn't so bad.)

Thanks for all that you do for Scouting.  No one ever says "Thanks!" enough.  Do you?

No comments: