Thursday, March 10, 2011

2nd 100 Days of Scouting: Day 31

Cooking Merit Badge

Cooking merit badge is perfect for the day after Ash Wednesday!  The smell of meat is wafting up the stairs now...

Anyway, today marches forward.  Most of my Scouting will happen tonight in the company of other fine Scouters.  And that is a great way to top-off a busy day at work.

Today I:
  • Attended our District Order of the Arrow meeting.
  • Attended our District Roundtable.  Always interesting, and I don't have to prep anything for it.  It is about the only Scout meeting I have as an "observer".
  • Reminded our Arrowmen about the new location for their meeting tonight and for the next 2 months.
  • Promised to share information on a fishing program being offered to Scouts by takemefishing.org (@take_me_fishing on Twitter).  I'll share the information with our Cub Scout Resident Camp Director, too.
Slowly fades the light of day, as our campfire fades away...yep, Scouting up to the last minute tonight.  Do you have a favorite Scout meeting where you just get to be a Scout and not a leader?

No comments: