Tuesday, March 8, 2011

2nd 100 Days of Scouting: Day 29

Composite Materials Merit Badge

Under the weather today, but still looking for a way to serve Scouting.

And I'm not having to look hard!  Lots of things popping up...if I can keep finding the juice to get them done today.

Today I:
  • Helped a Wolf go through his handbook and get everything signed off.
  • Reminded the Boy Scouts that we won't meet on Ash Wednesday.
  • Answered questions from my Life Scout about family history for the Genealogy merit badge.  One of my favorites.
  • Finished updating all of my recurring Scout dates onto my Google calendar.  Also set up an email of my Daily Agenda from the calendar.
  • Tonight I still have a call about a new event our council is running.  Can't talk about it yet, but it could be a lot of fun.  They want me to run the Promotions Committee for it.  We'll see.
  • Enjoying posts from my fellow 100 Days of Scouting-ers!
Scouting doesn't take a day off, even when we need to for illness or just plain old down time.  How do you handle those things that need to take a backseat for a day or two--reschedule or just power through?


No comments: