Tuesday, March 29, 2011

2nd 100 Days of Scouting: Day 50

Fish and Wildlife Management Merit Badge

My foot is pressed to the floor today.  Just no more speed to be found!

It really feels good, and is distracting me from the cold going around our house.

Day 50 and 26 folks giving the 100 Days of Scouting a try.  Remarkable.

Today I:
  • Helped to spread the word (fuel the rumor?) that there are more new merit badges coming in the next 2 years: Welding, Search and Rescue, Chess and Game Design.
  • Sent email to my Wood Badge Bear Patrol with a brief agenda and calendar for our meeting this week.
  • Added a new Scouter to the 100 Days of Scouting project. 
  • Registerd my Life Scout for the Scouting Heritage merit badge workshop this Saturday.
  • Advertised one last time on Facebook and with our council's YahooGroup about the Scouting Heritage session.
  • Tweeted the session details to our local media: @tv3winchester and @nvdaily
  • Emailed out deadline information for our Cub Scout and Boy Scout summer camps.
  • Spoke to a den leader about the awards they need for the pack meeting tomorrow night.  Go BEARS!
Today is one of those days where even running full blast, I can think of a dozen more things I could or should be doing!  How about you?  Do your actions generate more ideas?

No comments: