Wednesday, February 9, 2011

2nd 100 Days of Scouting: Day 2

American Cultures Merit Badge


Wednesday is still the most hectic Scouting day of my week.

Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, email, calendar corrections, meeting plans, trips to the store, and merit badge counseling.  Oh...and blogging, confirming appointments for other Scouting events, Blue and Gold updates...you get the idea.

But I wouldn't have it any other way!

Today I:
  • Confirmed a meeting next week to discuss creating "video roundtable" (can't wait!).
  • Emailed Cub Scout families to remind them that the Blue and Gold is in two weeks.
  • Made a list of special folks to invite to the Blue and Gold--our parish priest, the office staff, our district executive, our COR and the head of our sponsoring organization, the Knights of Columbus.
  • Pulled together Wolf Den Meeting #11--my youngest son's den, so I wear two hats in the pack.  Shoot me.
  • Located water purification items for tonights troop meeting, per the SPLs request.  Tablets, boiling, filtering...
  • Posted a list of 100 Days of Scouting participants (thanks all!).
  • Responded to last minute request to start counseling Citizenship in the Nation tonight.
I'm sure there is more...there is always more!  

It's only an hour a week...so how are you spending it?  Who in Scouting will directly benefit from today's work?

No comments: