Thursday, February 24, 2011

2nd 100 Days of Scouting: Day 17

Bugling Merit Badge

Thinking a lot about the 100 Days of Scouting project today.

I get feedback via Twitter and email from other Scouters who are enjoying the activity.  Made me start thinking about some other ways to take the 100 Days approach in other areas of my life.

The process makes you focus, each and every day on the subject at hand.  How would this work for exercise for those of us with a "Scoutmaster build"?  What would it do for the family relationships in your life, especially those with "Scout widow(er)s"?

The whole point of this project is to change lives...and that might include my own.

Today I:
  • Posted about a council fundraiser online via blog, Facebook and Twitter.  Thank you Trail's End for helping some of my Scouts afford summer camp.
  • Updated "The List" of 100 Days of Scouting participants--24 now.  Just amazing.
  • Received a letter letting me know that I will be getting something special at a Scouting dinner soon...that was out of the blue.
  • Swapped voicemail with another Scouter about helping with a Chaplain's Aide training he would like to do.
  • Helped my Wolf complete another iteration of project we did at a den meeting a couple of weeks ago--making book jackets (second page).
More rain and wind coming on strong for the next two days, but my Scouting parade isn't being rained on!  How about yours?



No comments: