Tuesday, February 22, 2011

2nd 100 Days of Scouting: Day 15

Basketry Merit Badge

Today has kind of flown by, and I've kept my eye out for Scouting opportunities (tried really hard not to say, "Scouting for opportunities"...)

We've had ice and snow to get in the way, and if they cancel school tomorrow, our Blue and Gold will be postponed a week, too.

Today I:
  • Swapped email with the Arlington Catholic Committee on Scouting to shore up the details for ordering our religious emblem materials.
  • Spoke to our pack's Webelos Den Leader--he confirmed all 5 of them will get their Webelos Scout rank tomorrow night--weather permitting.  Trip to the Scout Store tomorrow.
  • Still have to pick up the plates, silverware, napkins and drinks for our Blue and Gold sometime tonight.
  • Followed up on replacing the flag at our church--they bought the flag for us to do the ceremony (and retire the old one) but the clips are damaged and need to be replaced.
  • Been catching up on a lot of 100 Days of Scouting posts!  Wow, you folks are inspiring!
What kinds of Scouting do you get done when the weather is bad?  How do you handle cancellations--just do it next week or totally reschedule?

No comments: