Wednesday, May 4, 2011

2nd 100 Days of Scouting: Day 86

Photography Merit Badge
Today is the best day of the week!

Sun is shining, birds are singing, and Scout meetings are in the works.  We are coming into the end of our Cub Scouting year, so I'm working hard on wrapping things up and planning a great crossover ceremony for the last pack meeting.

We like to have them physically cross something, and then I seat them in their new dens.  I also call up any boys who will be old enough to be Tigers the first week in June, and cross them into the new Tiger den.  Their parents know, but the new Scouts don't.

Great fun.

Today I:
  • Pulled together the last of our meeting plans for the Wolf den tonight.
  • Cleaned the last of the "extra" Scout stuff out of my office...so I can walk again. ;-)
  • Realized I forgot to send in the registration for our Camporee this month...sigh.  I have to fix that tomorrow.
  • Scheduled time with a Scout who thinks he is ready to be Second Class tonight.
Lots of busy work today and tonight to keep the program rolling.  How about you?  Do you get busier in Spring, or just keep running at the same level through the summer?

No comments: