Wednesday, February 8, 2012

3rd 100 Days of Scouting: Day 1


Today is the anniversary of the beginning of Scouting in the United States.

Each of the past two years (2010 and 2011), I've marked this day with beginning a series of 100 daily posts, each noting the large and small ways I commit to Scouting.

And this year I need it.  A lot.

I have some highs in Scouting right now, and a lot of lows.  The next 100 days should show a lot of changes and improvements in my Scouting experience.  Each one will be noted and discussed, in hopes of encouraging other Scouters to stick with it.

Snow is starting to fall outside my window now, and that means the schools will cancel shortly--and automatically invoke our "meeting cancellation" policy.

So for today, my commitment on this first day of the 2012 100 Days of Scouting is to jump out there and give it another shot--for me, for my units, and for my Scouts. Hopefully, you and Scouting-in-general will get something out of it, too!

No comments: