Thursday, April 29, 2010

100 Days of Scouting: Day 81


Today I:

Broadcasted the new Scouting Heritage merit badge information on Twitter, Facebook, via email to the troop, and other Scouters.  Oh, asked the Scout store when we can expect the manuals.

Reminded the crew about the new age and grade requirements for Venturing, effective Saturday.

Began to prep the troop's Scout-o-Rama registration form, due Friday.  I have all the details, I just need to get them all down.

Anyone else glad to see a new merit badge?  I think this is a great idea, and will encourage new Scouts to get connected to the origins.  I asked for a show of hands last night about who Baden-Powell was.  Not impressive.  How about you? Could you earn this merit badge?  Share your thoughts on it in the Comments.

No comments: