Thursday, April 1, 2010

100 Days of Scouting: Day 53

Today I:

Helped a(nother) Scout with his merit badge selection for summer camp.

Sent out a lot of information (all I could find) on Twitter about the new Historic Merit Badges:  Carpentry, Signaling, Pathfinding, and Tracking.  There are pdf files of the old merit badge manuals for these, too. Tracking was called "Stalking" then--probably a good idea to change in light of the current context of "stalking".

Notified my council store, my district executive, fellow Scouters in our council and, of course, my troop about the new Historic Merit Badge program.

Posted a new Friends Of Scouting event to our council blog.  If you are a Civil War buff and happen to be in the area, you might want to check it out.

There is certainly bad Scouting news coming out of Oregon right now.  How do you handle this kind of press?  Do families ask?  How do you support Scouting in bad times?  Share so that others will "be prepared".

No comments: