Tuesday, April 19, 2011

2nd 100 Days of Scouting: Day 71

Lifesaving Merit Badge
Paperwork day!

Today was all about paperwork.  Fill it out, double check, cross-reference, file, save, and send out follow-up emails.  It can be so tedious...but a necessary evil.  I should try to find someone to do it, but I'd end up going over it all again anyway.

Glad I had the time to devote to it today.

Today I:
  • Handled a couple of Scout deposits.
  • Processed the Scout account entries on the spreadsheet.
  • Followed up on the council's effort to apply for a grant. Well, I guess someone else needed the grant...insert eyeball roll here.

After working on my paperwork all day, it was kind of disappointing to see that someone else hadn't bothered.  What is your best story about money wasted or an opportunity lost that could have supported Scouting?

No comments: